Duck in Lettuce Wraps

I bought a whole duckling to make the Duck with Beansprouts dish that I always loved at my favorite Chinese restaurant when I was in college (see previous post). Since I only used half a duckling for that recipe, I thought I'd use the rest to make a fun variety by serving it on lettuce leaves. The recipe is very similar to the Duck with Beansprouts recipe, only water chestnuts are added to this one and the beansprouts are not cooked this time. They're a little messy to eat but just like many messy finger foods, they're very good!



DUCK IN LETTUCE WRAPS RECIPE:

1/2 small duckling, remove the bones and cut the meat into bite-size strips
1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch length
1 cup fresh beansprouts, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp ginger powder
1 can (4oz) water chestnuts, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lettuce head or Romaine lettuce, to serve
2 small red chilles, sliced thinly (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large wok over medium high heat
2. Stir fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the red chilles (optional)
3. Add the duck strips and ginger powder, and stir fry until the meat is almost fully cooked. Add hoisin sauce and coat evenly.
4. Add green onions and water chestnuts and cook for about 2 minutes
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and 1 tbsp sesame oil
6. Serve with fresh beansprouts and wrap in lettuce leaves

2 Comments

  1. Really nice job on the lettuce wraps AND the cupcakes!!


    I just saw the Kimchi Soup as I wrote this and will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice compliment, :D

    ReplyDelete