Graduation Cupcakes

My husband finished his Master's degree this Spring. He's worked really hard, juggling his school, work, and family, and I cannot be prouder of him. Bakerella's candy cup caps inspired me to make these cupcakes to celebrate his achievement.



See my Chocolate Cupcakes recipe

DECORATING

WHAT YOU'LL NEED (see pic below):

- Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares
- Dark chocolate w/ peppermint center (or Reese's peanut butter cups)
- Xtremes sweetly sour belts
- Smarties
- White frosting
- Blue sugar crystals (optional)



DECORATING INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cut each the sweet sour belts candy into long strips of each color
2. Frost the baked cupcakes with white frosting
3. Sprinkle with blue sugar crystals
4. Place chocolate cups, topped with chocolate squares (using a little bit of frosting to "glue" them together)
5. Place the candy strip and a smarty on top (again, using the frosting as the "glue")

4 Comments

  1. Simply Superb! Congrats to your husband. That's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being such an inspiration, Bakerella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. I saw this on Bakerella, too. I'm planning on making it for my son who is going to graduate from 8th grade next week.

    I liked how you came up with your own creative ideas - like using the smarties on top.

    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Elizabeth: Thank you for the compliment, and congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete