Extra Moist Extra Chocolate Cupcake

I love cupcakes! They're less messy to eat than cakes and are so cute! I just think the possibilities for decorating cupcakes are endless. I like to use anything edible from assorted candy to marshmallows to teddy graham crackers, OR when I don't have the time for decorating, I find it easiest to go with these colorful candy sprinkles.

I call this recipe "Extra Chocolate Cupcake", because there's an extra chocolate surprise with every bite (from the chocolate morsels), perfect for chocolate lovers like me. Another key things with this recipe are the pudding mix and sourcream that make the cupcakes extra moist. I make them for my family and friends all the time and always get asked for the recipe, so here it is:

EXTRA MOIST EXTRA CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES

PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 30 minutes
SERVINGS: makes about 30 cupcakes

1 pkg (18.25 oz) choc cake mix
1 pkg (4 oz) choc instant pudding mix
8 oz sour cream
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semi sweet choc morsels
2 containers (16 oz each) prepared frosting
candy sprinkles

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Paper line 30 muffin cups
2. In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil, and water. Beat on low speed until just combined. Then beat on high speed for +/-2 mins.
3. Stir in the morsels
4. Pour mixture into muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full
5. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely
7. Frost and decorate with sprinkles

More cupcake decorating ideas:
- Frogs Cupcakes
- Popcorn Cupcakes
- Christmas Cupcakes
- Grapes Cupcakes

0 Comments