Stir Fried Sesame Beef

I don't like buying too much vegetables at the grocery store because I know they don't stay fresh very long. I'd rather grocery shop more frequently than cooking with unfresh vegetables or having to throw away spoiled vegetables before getting a chance to cook them. But what happens when I run out of vegetables in the fridge and the weather is so bad I don't feel like going grocery shopping? Thankfully I do stock meat in my freezer and this "almost-meat-only" recipe saves me in this situation.

STIR FRIED SESAME BEEF

PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
SERVINGS: 4

1 lb. boneless lean beef, cut into strips
2 tbsp. peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
2 tsp. light brown sugar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
3 tbsp. sesame seeds

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat peanut oil in a large wok
2. Add garlic and stir fry for about 30 seconds
3. Add the beef and stir fry until no longer pink
4. Add soy sauce and brown sugar, and coat evenly
5. Add 2 tbsp of sesame seeds and coat evenly
6. Remove from heat and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds
7. Serve hot with warm steam rice

0 Comments