Duck With Beansprouts

There was a great Chinese restaurant close to my apartment back when I was still in college. I always ordered their Duck with Beansprouts dish, which was one of their specialties. I miss that place so much, especially since there's no Chinese restaurant where I live now that's even half as good. I decided to put together some ingredients to imitate this dish and it surprisingly turned out really well! It tastes close to the dish that I've always loved and have been thinking about so much lately. So yay!! It is easy too. I can't believe I never thought about making it myself before.

I bought a small whole duckling but only used half for this dish and used the rest to make a different variety: Duck in lettuce wraps. I'll post the recipe next.



DUCK WITH BEANSPROUTS RECIPE:

1/2 small duckling, remove the bones and cut the meat into bite-size strips
1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch length
2 cups fresh beansprouts
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp ginger powder
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 small red chilles, sliced thinly (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large wok over medium high heat
2. Stir fry the garlic until fragrant. Add the red chilles (optional)
3. Add the duck strips and ginger powder, and stir fry until the meat is almost fully cooked. Add hoisin sauce and coat evenly.
4. Add green onions and beansprouts and cook until the vegetables are soft
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and 1 tbsp sesame oil
6. Serve hot over rice

0 Comments